You have a solid background in customer-facing technical sales and are motivated by the prospect of working in a fast-paced startup environment where you will have the chance to be a critical influence on our continued growth. You love working directly with customers and end-users solving their problems and finding the right solution fit for their requirements. You’re a team player that enjoys working across multiple teams and you like to keep up to date with all the latest developments in the industry, from containers to serverless to cloud databases.
What you’ll do
- Be the technical expert on Server Density’s product offering and support the team throughout all phases of the sales cycle and once new customers come on board.
- Perform technical presentations and online demos for customers, partners, and prospects
- Actively engage customers for technical needs during sales opportunities
- Using a consultative approach, meet and exceed monthly and quarterly quota targets
- Make suggestions to our Product Manager to improve product functionality, user experience and customer satisfaction to further our growth and customer success
- Partner with sales and the engineering team to set-up customized trials and offer support as needed in such trials
- Research & develop a strong understanding of our product, market, and competitive landscape
- Update CRM with appropriate activity information
- Attend relevant industry events, networking events and client meetings as needed
- Support Sales in the design of effective proposals and quotes using our approved Requests for Proposals (RFP) templates when available, and respond in a timely manner
The right candidate: requirements
- Min 2 years of technical customer support, Sales Engineering, or other applicable technical customer facing role in a SaaS environment
- Broad technical understanding of systems management and infrastructure with a range of technologies such as Linux, AWS, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres and other tech stacks
- Proven track record of attaining or exceeding targets
- Self-starter, thrives in past fast paced environment and someone who wants to be part of growing a business with enormous market opportunity
- Commercially savvy with strong customer awareness to support sales reps in identifying customer needs and signals
- Teamwork and good communication skills a must
- Strong sales, negotiation, sales pipeline management, follow-up, and time management skills are essential
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, work independently and meet quota-level goals
- Good listener, strong verbal and written communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Familiarity with CRM and sales automation technologies
- Innate understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction and retention
The right candidate: highly desired
- 2-5+ years experience in Sales Engineering
- Startup experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
More about us
Founded in the UK in 2009, Server Density is the leading SaaS platform that allows users to monitor their websites and servers from a single console, API, and mobile app. With 700+ customers worldwide, thousands of servers added daily, and 60+ integrations, companies can monitor their entire stack 24/7, within minutes. Server Density is backed by leading investors with connections all around the world - UK, Europe, the US and has ambitious growth across the next few years.