This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of global SaaS startup and take full ownership of the digital marketing plan.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Senior Marketing Manager is a commercially minded individual with a keen interest in technology who can develop and execute integrated inbound and outbound marketing campaigns to deliver against revenue targets.
Key measures of success for this role will be to understand and interpret our marketing strategy into campaigns that enable us to resonate with highly technical decision makers to generate engaged leads that are then nurtured through to Marketing Qualified Leads that then convert into sales.
You will work closely with the CCO to understand priorities, direction, budget and management of the most appropriate activities to hit revenue targets.
This person should be able to demonstrate a successful history in a marketing role B2B SaaS company with responsibilities in developing innovative programs that reach new customers, drive customer retention and revenue growth.
This is a full time position based in our London, UK office but with flexible working hours to work from home.
- Work with CCO and CEO to understand our marketing strategy and translate this into a marketing plan with the goal of increasing MQLs and customers
- Plan, implement and maintain digital marketing campaigns
- Ownership and continuous improvement of our marketing automation process including lead scoring and nurturing
- Consistently assess success and ROI of marketing and lead nurturing activities through measurement and optimization to continually improve
- Regular reporting on tasks, progress and results
- Communication to sales and customer success teams to ensure that they are briefed on upcoming marketing programs, how to engage and follow up
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities
- Development of content to ensure market needs are addressed and messaging and product positioning is accurate and effectively communicated to reach appropriate target audience, including sales collateral and case studies
- Identify regional trade shows and events to market product/company
- Work with PR agencies to develop campaigns, including article placement, industry awards, interviews and other press coverage
Skills & Experience
We're looking for as many of these areas as possible:
- Experience in a B2B SaaS Marketing role a must
- Demonstrable experience of creative thinking and the ability to come up with new, unique ideas, thinking beyond what has been done before
- Ability to think strategically along with a focus on execution
- A passion for understanding customer personas and motivations
- A keen understanding of what motivates a technical buyer, ideally derived by having engaged with similar buyer personas previously
- A technical background (not necessarily programming but web development skills would be a major plus). An understanding of the systems management / cloud infrastructure space would be a major plus
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic individual capable of motivating yourself and others
- Ability to organise/plan/prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team - willing to help on projects outside of their personal remit and contributing ideas and suggestions for the benefit of the team.
- Understanding of, and passion to apply marketing best practice, across digital marketing, content marketing, nurture programs and online marketing is essential
- Experience with email and marketing automation tools
- Experience of analysing and understanding data to report on marketing program success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable researching and self-teaching new skills/tools/processes
- Good attention to detail with excellent copywriting skills
About Server Density
Server Density is a SaaS cloud monitoring product that helps customers stay online, giving teams the right information at the right time so they can solve performance problems, and keep their systems running!
Our product helps the UK National Health Service run the 999 emergency systems for ambulance response, it helps organisations like Drupal maintain their online communities and helps businesses like Firebox keep their eCommerce operations running smoothly. Monitoring might be behind the scenes, but it has a real impact!
As a small company, our team directly influence the success of our customers. If you think you have an idea about how we can do it better, why not join us?